Education and Culture Department takes charge of the following affairs:
1. Planning, formulation, coordination and review of indigenous peoples’ education, culture and language policy and laws and regulations.
2. Planning, promotion, coordination and review of research, preservation, inheritance of indigenous peoples’ history, language, cultural heritage, and traditional techniques.
3. Integration, coordination and review of indigenous peoples’ general education.
4. Integration, coordination and review of indigenous peoples’ physical education policy, system, laws and regulations.
5. Planning, coordination and review of indigenous peoples’ talent training and counseling.
6. Planning, promotion and review of counseling indigenous peoples’ communication media and educational and cultural organizations.
7. Planning, promotion and review of indigenous peoples’ educational and cultural institution.
8. Counseling on indigenous peoples’ arts and literature of folk customs, traditional sports, cultural heritage, traditional organization, traditional religion and language culture in the autonomous district.
9. Operation and supervision of Judicial Person Indigenous Peoples Cultural Undertakings Foundation.
10. Other educational and cultural affairs related to the indigenous peoples.